Monday, December 10, 2012

Puke: Steelers vs Chargers Recap


I didn't do a Steelers - Ravens Round 2 "recap", because I just didn't OK! GAWD!!!

Yesterday, the Chargers came into town and pulled a win out of Rivers trash-talking ass. 

Steelers 24

Chargers 34

And for the second time in this 2012 NFL Season an incomplete pass by Ben Roethlisberger is somehow ruled a fumble and recovered/returned for a touchdown. Blows my mind really. I just don't get how the refs blew those calls, I get the replacement refs bumbling those calls but not the "pros". 

Field position is key in the NFL, and when you're constantly starting on your own 10 bad things are going to happen. I've read a few articles saying the Steelers couldn't get into a good rhythm on offense. True, they didn't, but the WRs dropping balls, dumb holding penalties don't help either. Mike Wallace finally came to life when it didn't matter. I hope he was happy he had over a 100 yards and 2 TDs in junk time, because I'm not. 

Three games to go, the Steelers need to win out for the 6th seed.

A loss and they're done, which is a shame because that defense is being stingy this year and when the offense is on they can dominate.  


Follow Steely McGnome on Twitter, you know you want to.

No comments: