Monday, November 14, 2011

Coming up Big: Steelers vs Bengals Round 1 Recap



Steelers 24 Bengals 17

Well, well, look at that. Got the opponent score right again. I'm halfway there to getting it right. This game really looked like a blowout in the first quarter, Steelers leading 14-0. Then late in the first quarter, boom the Bengals drive get a TD and make me sit on the edge of my seat the rest of the game.

The Steelers offense/defense was once again really hot then really cold. I swear there was zero pressure on the ginger quarterback. The defense rarely pressured him, you can't let any QB just sit in the pocket and have time. Gotta get more pressure on the Quarterbacks you face Steelers Defense. DO IT!!!

Willie Gay was playing with a chip on his shoulder this week. He needs to play like that every week. The pick at the end of the game was awesome. Pretty much sealing the game for the Steelers.

Loving Antonio Brown more and more each week, that guy made some great catches, he's only going to get better. And at some point, Wallace and Brown are going to break one of those short passes for a TD, those guys are just too fast not to. Running game was decent, didn't seem like they got a 100 yards on the ground, but they did. I say that, because although it makes me sick to my stomach, the bengals defense played pretty well today, so did their offense. In no way am I going to say that Dalton is a good QB (I just don't do that for rookie QBs), but he played a good game. We'll see how well he's doing in 3 seasons before I crown him a decent QB. But really the Bengals needed to get rid of those me-first players. They're a better team without them.

Announcing

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts, my favorite announcing team. I really could have these guys call every Steelers game, they just don't annoy me at all.

Follow Steely McGnome on Twitter, you know you want to.

No comments: