Monday, September 26, 2011

Too close for comfort: Steelers vs Colts recap



Steelers 23 Colts 20

The score should have been closer to my prediction. Old man Collins just isn't suited for that offense, I think the Colts may be better off with that 3rd stringer, Paint by numbers or something. Their defensive line wreaked havoc on the Steelers running game and offensive line. I swear the Steelers went through like 20 o-linemen.

I was all excited in the first quarter, looked like a blow-out was coming, then I was just dumbfounded by the rest of the game. I was just happy to have the Steelers come out with the win. I really have no idea what to say about their offense. I'm really sick of the Steelers trying to run the ball without a fullback. The tight end they use as a "fullback" just doesn't cut it. At this point the Steelers need that in their running game. That extra blocker would help, and you all know it!

The passing game well, it's fine, in a way. The 81 yard bomb to Wallace was great, but there needs to be more. The Steelers have a few fast receivers, time to start sending them down the field more than just once a game. Stop with the ridiculous route running from some of these guys. Really.

Bring on Houston.

Announcing

Sunday Night Game that means NBC. Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth. When Collinsworth first started in broadcasting, he never said a kind word about the Steelers. That has somewhat changed, but he's still a pompous ass and I'd rather not listen to him at all. Al Michaels is a decent broadcaster, he's never really bothered me. Although, they kept panning to Pey-Pey up in the booth. Who cares about him, he's not playing, so stop showing him!

No comments: