Monday, September 12, 2011

God Awful: Steelers vs Ravens Round 1 Recap

Man, what a crappy game, I don't even want to do a recap of this at all.

But, I'll give it a go.

Ravens 35 Steelers 7


Man, I wasn't even close to that score, see here. Horrible game if you were a Steelers fan, hell even the players. I haven't seen the team beaten that bad in a while. 7 turnovers, I mean really 7 turnovers, the hell?? First Quarter was bad, but really thought the Steelers were going to overcome all that after their touchdown. I was wrong, the constant fumbles/interceptions were horrible and just let the Ravens attack on defense like it was nobody's business.

At least this was week 1 of the season, being a fan of the NFL for well over 20 years, I know there really isn't a reason to get to excited for your team in the first few weeks. I know you don't want your team to ever lose to division rivals, but week 1 is a good week for for that loss to happen. I always find it funny when the media jumps to conclusions after week 1 of the NFL, it's always a crapshoot. Some teams are coming off a great training camp and look great for a few weeks, then turn out just how you thought they would, shitty.

Does this loss matter, yes, it's a divisional game, but I'm not calling the Ravens champs just yet. Besides Joe Flacco has a unibrow, I have proof.



Announcing

New feature to the recap this year, if I have to watch the game I'm critiquing the announcers. The game was on CBS, so they gave us their number 1 team which is Jim Nance and Phil Simms. Ugh. How are these guys the number 1 team? Well it's not really Jim Nances' fault, he's decent. It's really Phil Simms. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I mean just call the game in a neutral fashion will you. The guy was all over how "great" Flacco was, reminding me a few times that he's won 4 road playoff games in his career. Really, that's great because he's never sniffed a Super Bowl. Plus, need I remind you Phil that Ben won 3 consecutive road games on his way to a Super Bowl win in only his second season, so winning 4 round playoffs games in a career isn't all that great.

Ready for next week.

No comments: